I’m a student, entrepreneur, engineer, and everything in between. I enjoy broadening my horizons by pursuing topics ranging from social work in inner-city communities to reading the latest developments in econometrics. I’m looking to combine my desire to improve the world with a business-focused mindset through social entrepreneurship.
Some of my favorite pastimes is reading novels (currently reading Banker to the Poor by Muhammad Yunus) and biking (find me pedaling away on the streets of 620 and Anderson Mill).
National Institute of Standards and Technology (United States Department of Commerce)
Engineering Lab, Intelligent Systems Division Intern
- Developed a new commercial rheometer (a device that measures the viscoelastic properties of materials) using open-sourced hardware
- Reduced total cost to under $100 while achieving comparable performance to rheometers costing $10,000
- Optimized the DLP 3D Post-Print curing workflow to utilize the chemical properties of the resin under specific wavelengths
- Contributed to biomechanics injury research by optimizing software for accelerometer data collection rate; increased rate by a factor of 10
Peking Hospital Research Laboratory (Beijing, China)
- Prepared slides of rat heart cells to assist in graduate students’ research
- Conducted Masson’s Trichrome, CD31 Antibody Staining, and 8-Oxidation- immunohistochemical staining
- Managed care for research animals (feed, cleaning, and conducting qualitative observations)
Mathematics and Test Prep Tutor
- Tutored kids as part of an Austin startup to decrease the cost of professional tutoring and provide more opportunities in education
- Specialized in mathematics and test prep tutoring
- Organized and recruited new clients to expand tutoring platform
Transmetric America, Inc.
Traffic Video Analyst
- Worked remotely for Transmetric America, Inc. as a part-time agent
- Analyzed traffic camera videos from Melbourne, Australia to assist in enforcing truck curfew laws
Westwood High School (WWHS)
Vice President of Westwood SkillsUSA
Science Olympiad Co-Captain
DECA District Representative
Founded Westwood’s first National Economics Challenge Team
Co-founded Westwood’s first Software Development Club
Organized outreach events to promote STEM and entrepreneurship in the community. (see CV/Resume for more details)
The Liberal Arts and Science Academy (LASA)
Applied and accepted based on merit of academic potential for the 2014 – 2015 school year.
Enrolled in award-winning Audio-Visual Production program.
Part of LASA Robotics (Team 418), LASA Science Olympiad (Nationals qualifying team).
Founded LASA Chinese Culture Club
Returned to Westwood due to financial factors.
NIST Workshops & Certifications
NI LabVIEW Workshop
MathWorks MATLAB Workshop
MathWorks Simulink Workshop
DLP 3D Printing Certified
SAT 1570/1600 (M: 790 CR/W: 780)
SAT II Math II: 800
AP Exams: AP Calculus BC: 5 | AP Physics I: 5
AP English Literature and Composition: 5
AP Microeconomics: 5 | AP Macroeconomics: 5
AP Chemistry: 4 | AP Chinese Language and Culture: 5
AP Calculus AB: 5 | AP World History: 5
AP United States Government and Politics: 5
Note: Numerical evaluations reflect but do not represent my academic potential and aptitude.
Disclaimer: I participated in the “I am not a number” campaign at Westwood High School which successfully eliminated class rankings for my class (Class of 2018).
- 1st Place State Team
- 10th Place Nationals Team
- Nationals Semi-finalist
- 1st Place (tied) State Competition
- 1st Place Districts Competition
- State Competition Finalist (Top Three)
- 1st Place Regional Competition
- 1st Place Individual at Regionals
- 1st Place Team (LASA SciO) at State
- 3rd Place International Youth Division Essay
- World Championships competing team (Westwood Robotics Team 2583)
- Dean’s List Nominee
- 1st Place Regional Video
- Directed, filmed, and edited video shoots with Texas Capitol BEST and Team 281
- 1st Place Audio Video Quiz Bowl
- 1st Place Job Skill Demonstration
- Qualified with scores of 5 on 9 AP’s (minimum qualifications of score of at least 4 on 8 AP’s)
- One of the ~600 qualified juniors in Texas
- 226/228 NMSC Index, 1510/1520 PSAT
- Top 1% of highest scorers nationally
- Recommended and accepted on the basis of academic performance and character